The clients of Om Maison have an eye for design, but restricted access to “trade” showrooms and limited time to realize their home design vision. Our clients prefer that we handle the logistics of ordering, receiving, storing, delivery and installation as well as any logistical or quality problems as they arise.
Om Maison is a full service, home-furnishings procurement company. We work with clients considering a partial home design update to those looking to furnish an entire home. Our clients tell us what they are looking for and we do the rest! We look forward to helping you furnish or put the finishing touches on your home.
At Om Maison we also offer home staging services, from full home staging to consultation or photo staging for MLS listings. Our goal is to maximize the equity in your home and reduce the time it takes to sell in today’s real estate market.
At Om Maison, pricing is transparent. We charge for our services using an hourly, project or mark-up as agreed upon with each client.
Donna Johnson founded Om Maison after completing five personal new home and remodel projects. She and her husband, Steve, envisioned and completed high-end, new build projects in Dallas, Texas and Paradise Valley, Arizona as well as three extensive remodels in Arizona, and Laguna Beach, California.
During these projects, Donna worked with extremely talented and well-regarded interior designers and gained experience in sourcing, procuring and installing home finishes and furnishings. She realized that she has a talent for the logistics side of furnishing a home and wanted to decided to form a business offering home furnishings procurement to homeowners with an eye for design and a vision for their own homes. She now also offers full home-staging services to help her clients make a great first impression and sell their homes quickly.
Prior to founding Om Maison, Donna enjoyed a 15-year career leading the training division for a large airline. She has also held dozens of volunteer leadership roles including board positions, fundraising campaigns and event planning for local and national non-profits.
Donna holds BA and MBA degrees from Arizona State University. She has a passion for world culture and travel prompting her to attend the American Graduate School of International Management and University of Florence, Italy where she studied international business, art history, French and Italian.
I’ve guided the design of new build projects in Dallas, Texas and Paradise Valley, Arizona as well as three extensive remodels in Arizona, and Laguna Beach, California:
Soft Furnishings Procurement & Logistics:
- Request tear sheets and pricing
- Request finish samples
- Identify specifications (size, finish, textile etc.)
- Create invoice & purchase order
- Place order (deposit or full payment required based on vendor)
- Production tracking
- Confirm shipping details & track delivery
- Arrange receiving/inspection/storage/delivery (includes receiving photos)
- Receiving issues resolution (manage damage, mistake or defect liability)
- Make vendor, freight, receiving facility, and delivery payments
- Hire and manage white glove delivery
- Supervise installation
Soft Furnishings Sourcing & Selection
- Research furnishings based on client input and present multiple options
- Provide personal shopping services including accompanying clients on shopping adventures in Phoenix, LA, Las Vegas, New York, Chicago or Dallas
Home Furnishings Space Planning
- On-site consultations
- CAD room design/layout/elevations: Using our design automation software, we will help you identify the proper proportions for your spaces
Full Home Staging:
- Full home staging during home sale listing
- Staging consultation (using client’s home furnishings - minor staging may be added)
- Photo styling for MLS listings